Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Actually... (part 2)

Well, fancy that!

Continuing off of the first part, I'd like to go into more details on things I do on an almost daily basis in an attempt to be more productive, save a bit of cash, or make a little pocket change.


  • If I've got a little time and I catch myself asking if I should waste it by staring blankly at a screen, I'll try to turn it around and throw a few posts up on PostLoop. It doesn't take much, and I stay engaged in conversations that interest me on different topics on a few different forums. And get paid to do so. Aww yeaaah! Well, not much. But that's beside the point.
  • If I buy food out somewhere, I pretty much vow to not do so a second time that day (which is so incredibly easy to do). I'll eat at home or otherwise make a lunch/dinner to take with me to work or wherever. 
  • On that note, I try to plot out what days I'll need to take homemade food with me to work. It's pretty much always a sandwich, so I make sure I've stocked up on my meats and cheeses bread of the week ahead of time so I don't make any excuses to go through a drive-thru instead (though I've still managed to do this, and with a sandwich sitting in the passenger's side seat--talk about rejection).
  • On the flip side, I've also found that if I plan out what days I might go out to eat, I stick to it and allow no more. This way I'm a lot less likely to hit up McDonald's randomly and thus shorten my life expectancy. It's almost a reward in a way too. The mental dialogue goes something like "Well, I could eat at McDonald's today, or.. no, no.. I'll go to Favilla's Pizza tomorrow and that will be AWESOME. Thanks decisive, intelligent, hungry brain!" "You're welcome!"
  • When I do cook a legit meal (not sandwiches), I try to find the "simpler" recipe. You could follow a lasagna recipe calling for 15+ ingredients, and yeah, it would taste absolutely awesome (unless you burn it or put it in a blender). Or, if you're perhaps a bit strapped for cash (or don't want a complex recipe) and still want awesome homemade lasagna, use a recipe that has half a dozen ingredients instead. It will likely also taste awesome. I do understand though, that sometimes you have to go all out for your lasagna and use strange imported herbs from Italy and cheese made from a goat belonging to a monk in the Swiss alps, and whole grain non-enriched noodles from Whole Foods. That would taste very awesome. 



I'm not sure if you could tell from these tips that I'm hungry, but I will now go make some food, using junk in my own cupboards and fridge, so that I don't feel like a lying hypocrite. Thanks for reading. Share with me what you do to be more productive or cut corners and fatten up that piggy bank too!

No comments:

Post a Comment